Please let us know if you’re not happy with any aspect of our service.
We strive to provide a high level of service and ensure all our patients are pleased with their experience while in our care. When we receive a complaint, we aim to deal with it in a prompt and courteous manner, to ensure the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
We learn from every complaint to avoid repeating mistakes, amending our protocols, where necessary, to minimise the chance of the issue happening again.
If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure, then a complaint may be made to:
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Gina Hassall.
- If you complain on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to your complaint and offer to refer you to Gina.
- If Gina is not available at that time, the member of staff will take details of the complaint and pass them on as soon as possible. If Gina is unable to contact you within a reasonable period, or if you don’t wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with the complaint.
- If your complaint is received in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to Gina.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless you don’t want this to happen. You will be told when you will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this meeting to take place.
- If you don’t wish to meet us to discuss the complaint, we will attempt to talk to you on the telephone.
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing and enclose a copy of our Complaints Procedure as soon as possible, normally within two working days.
- We will seek to investigate your complaint within ten working days, following receipt of the complaint, to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint.
- If we are unable to investigate your complaint within ten working days we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
- Your complaint may need to be shared with the Commissioning Support Units (CSU), but this will only take place when you give your written consent.
For NHS treatment contact:
PO Box 16738
0300 311 22 33
For private treatment:
The Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
08456 120 540